The duration of a presentation slot is 15 minutes. You will have 12 minutes for the presentation itself and 3 minutes for questions from the audience. A projector and computer will be available in every session room for regular oral presentations.
Preparation of Visuals
- Speakers should arrive in the session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of their assigned session and report to the chair person. A proctor should be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Please load your presentation file in .ppt format onto the lecture room computer during the break BEFORE your assigned time, and make sure it displays properly. To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to save their Powerpoint presentation on a secondary support (USB device, memory card). Also have a .pptx and PDF version of your presentation.
- Alternatively, a paper presenter may upload the presentation file in the cloud storage system, no later than Dec 1st, 2022. The presenter should fill his full name before uploading, while the filename must be as: (1st or 2nd day)_(session start time e.g. 14-30 for 14:30)
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to visit the Speaker Preparation room in advance of their presentation to avoid any last minute problems.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 20.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 16 point or larger.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.